Working for Boskalis is more than just having an interesting job. It's about joining a highly skilled team of ambitious professionals who demand the best of themselves and others.
It's about thriving in a challenging and stimulating work environment in a results-driven culture. Are you interested and do you want to know more about our company? Please visit our careers website to find out if we can offer you the next step in your career!
For our engineering department, we are currently looking for a Senior Project Engineer.
In this role your main responsibility is that all engineering is fit for purpose and completed within the given timeframe. During project preparation, you make sure any interface between engineering, operations and QHSE is covered. During project execution, you assist either on the vessel or in the site office. You will lead teams of 3-6 engineers during the complete engineering cycle for medium to complex projects, including management of medium to large subcontracts. In leading your team – you are also coaching your peers where and when required and actively support them in achieving their potential, in close cooperation with the department head.
During the project you will structure, plan and budget the (project) engineering work and inform relevant stakeholders on time. You distribute the work amongst the project engineers and monitor the work taking into account the capabilities and ambitions of each team member. You will be responsible for translating client requirements to an optimal economic and technical design and work method. You are well informed about the contract agreements with the customer and you know the project management procedures and rules of Boskalis. You will take these into account in carrying out your duties and documenting project information. You will provide support and advice to the Project Manager and department head with regards to project engineering issues and resources during all phases of the project.
Among other things you will have the responsibility to:•Lead Project Engineering team (design & installation)
- Determining Basis of Design and ensuring design complies with client and industry standards
- Develop and follow up the Engineering Management Plan
- Design optimization in terms of cost, schedule and feasibility
- Proactive risk assessment; participate in the preparation of HAZID and/or HAZOP procedures
- Interface management between various internal- and external suppliers for the project
- Bear responsibility for a varied and challenging scope of work
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Higher Professional Education (Bachelor) in a technical discipline
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in a dredging, maritime and/or offshore (oil and gas and/or renewables) environment
- Advanced knowledge of ICT office- and planning applications and basic knowledge of drafting applications
- Good communication skills and a good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken
- You are motivated and eager to develop your skills in this role
- You show leadership, are a team player, act pro-actively and have a hands-on mentality
Terms & conditions
Working for Boskalis offers you:
- Being part of a professional project team
- Numerous personal development opportunities
- Work in an organization in full development where you can contribute to its growth
- Competitive benefits package
- To learn more about the Boskalis terms of employment, click here
Want to get to know Boskalis a bit better? Click here to read more.
The job of Senior Project Engineer is a full-time job (40 hours/week). On a day-to-day basis you will report to the project- or tender manager.
You can apply via the ''Apply'' button.